The Pitch Showcase will highlight 5 female founders who have been chosen to pitch their companies to a panel of top women investors on November 12, 2020. Each contestant has 5 minutes to present. Then they will get valuable feedback from the investor panel.
Gain exposure and receive valuable, personalized feedback from the panel of expert investors. Each of the 5 founders selected to pitch their company at the Showcase will receive a prize. We want to see your pitch and learn about your company!
Pitch Showcase Judges
Founder and CEO
OSEA Angel Investors
Outlines Venture Group
Presenting Female Founders
Narjes Boufaden, CEO of Keatext
Keatext helps brands instantly assimilate written customer feedback and generates actionnable insights to back Customer Experience strategy and operations. Powered by cutting edge AI, the text analytics software automatically identifies topics, sentiments and trends from any feedback source to provide a 360 view of what drives customer satisfaction throughout the customer journey.
Narjès has a vision of a world where AI helps organizations and companies foster harmonious relationships with customers. A pioneer in applying Machine Learning for Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Narjès started her career as an academic. She completed her Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics in 2005 focusing on how to automate the understanding of human dialogs and published more than 15 scientific papers. She worked as a researcher in several universities and research centers. When she realized that NLP for conversational text had promising real-world applications, she founded Keatext in 2010, becoming one of the first entrepreneurs to provide AI solutions for maximum business impact. In 2015, she successfully transitioned her company from a professional service provider to a product provider with a disruptive platform, attracting brands such as American Express, NASA, and Brother International.
Shiloh Johnson, Founder & CEO of ComplYant
ComplYant is a desktop platform to help small business owners manage the chaos of tax compliance. They do that by using technology to provide comprehensive guidance, reminders, and budgeting for all tax types to make business tax easier, cheaper, and faster.
Shiloh Johnson is a practicing CPA, who works with small business owners and early entrepreneurs to make sure they understand relevant tax rules and requirements. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Accounting and a Masters Degree in Taxation from Golden Gate University. She is also a member of several professional organizations, including the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, American Institute of CPAs, and the National Association of Black Accountants.
Sindhu Joseph, Co-founder & CEO of CogniCor
CogniCor is the leading AI-based digital assistant platform that enables wealth advisors and insurance agents to reduce the need to call while enhancing service. As the financial industry is going through a tremendous growth period and the demands on a firm’s service capacity are exponentially increasing, CogniCor’s CIRA Digital Assistant platform addresses this crucial component of the service experience. Since launching in the US in 2018, CogniCor has emerged as a top digital assistant platform, being chosen by the category leading firms such as Ameriprise, LPL Financial, BNY Mellon Pershing and Allianz Life.
Sindhu holds a Ph.D. in AI, is based in San Francisco, is the inventor of 6 US patents, and is the author of several leading journal publications in AI. Sindhu’s deep knowledge of industrial AI has driven the vision for CogniCor’s CIRA platform.
Candice Smith, Founder & CEO of Caregiven
Caregiven is a health/fintech/insurtech startup that addresses the emotional and practical challenges of caring for aging or ailing loved-one for both the care recipient and the caregivers supporting them.
The Caregiven application provides support to family caregivers from the moment they recognize that an aging or ailing loved-one needs additional help, from the moment of a life-event such as a fall or diagnosis and throughout the end-of-life period of care. The average journey of a caregiver is four-years. Services are as diverse as the experience itself and support health providers, palliative care providers, benefits partners and other services such as documenting beneficiary delegation and estate and wealth planning.
Jing Zhu, Founder & CEO of Dashboard Story, Inc. (dba Duet)
Duet is an innovative fleet logistics technology platform designed to enable fleet operators to maximize vehicle utilization while improving rider experience. Duet belongs to the fast-growing mobility-as-a-service technology market, estimated to be $250B in five years. Its target customers are fleet owners who operate multiple-passenger vehicles, and contract with transit agencies, corporations and communities to provide dynamic route services, such as micro-transit, last-mile and NEMT. Duet provides a SaaS solution to help fleet operators increase vehicle utilization and hence maximize financial return while improving rider experience and has deployed pilots to two fleet clients and seen 20-40% utilization improvement in those pilots.
Prior to founding Duet, Jing built, launched and managed products including handheld device, machine-learning based data-mining software, enterprise mobile applications for some of the most iconic companies in both technology and healthcare, such as Intel and Abbott Labs. Jing received her B.S. degree from Peking University (China), PhD from Cornell University and MBA from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business.
Prize Package Valued at $10,000
Each of the five selected participants will receive the following:
- A coaching workshop with voice and presence expert Hillary Wicht. Hillary is an expert in supporting leaders communicate at their highest levels of influence and impact. Specializing in executive voice & presence, she uncovers the ways in which communication creates perceptions about who you are, your level of expertise, & the opportunities you are ready for. Using her background in the psychology of influential communication, she ensures clients “Show Up” in meaningful and powerful ways to have their value recognized, their confidence felt, & their voices heard.
- Personalized pitch coaching with Ita Epkoudom, partner at GingerBread Capital. On the day of The Wave Tour, gain access to Ita’s morning workshop session during which you will gain personalized pitch feedback in preparation for the Pitch Competition later in the day. Learn the elements of a strong pitch, starting with the first use case of a 90 second elevator pitch that you can use at The Wave Tour and beyond.
- A 1:1 go-to-market strategy session with Jennifer LeBlanc, founder & CEO at ThinkResults. This workshop is personalized and includes a two-hour session on Launching for Revenue: 10 Critical Elements for a Powerful Launch (based on the book Launching for Revenue: How to Launch Your Product, Service or Company for Maximum Growth)
- Ticket for The Wave + exhibitor space in the Virtual Marketplace
- Your company featured in the Changing Tides newsletter and website
- Custom social media posts highlighting your business and your participation in the Pitch Showcase
- A special gift box including signed copies of both Changing Tides and Launching for Revenue
- 1 year of Changing Tides membership
- Must have a product or service in market
- Must be actively fundraising or looking to grow your company
- Must be a woman, or identify as a womxn, and own the majority share of the company
Submissions Closed September 25, 2020